Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I wish nothing but the best for you. :)

It has been forever. :) Well, I just felt like escaping from structure and marks and essays to write what I really want to write. I stopped writing quite some time back and didn't really wana continue writing until someone special told me not to stop writing. I didn't really understand why she said that but after awhile it made sense. Writing not only helps me express what I feel, it also helps me visibly see how much I've changed in time. If you follow my blog, you'd notice that the way I write now is alot different to how I used to write. The older posts always reflects me, its always about me. In time, I realised that life is not just about me..in fact, its more about others and this has prompted me to write this blog.

Personally, I know I've changed. For the better, for the worse I'm not too sure. The point is, I've changed. People change, people move on. That's life right? Wrong. I believe the reason people move on especially when it involves walking away from the one you love is the fact that they understand that the other person's happiness is more essential to them than their own. I have alot of respect for such people because to me love is not about ourselves, its about the other person being happy even if it means that we'll only get to watch from afar. It takes alot to walk away from the one you love especially if they gave you so much to remember. But that is life, sometimes, memories are all we have left. Come to think of it, seeing them happy makes it all worth it right? :)

Another thing that has been on my mind is how people tend to rush into relationships and when things go wrong, rush out. I never got into a relationship in my whole life but I don't think relationships should be like that right? I mean, what if you wait for them cus if they loved you as much they'd probably wait for you as well. And when you understand that it wasn't easy to get together, you'd probably decide against splitting up for silly things. I've never had a girlfriend, not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing though. But I've always told myself that when I fall for a girl, I'd fight for her. I'd do everything I can to make things work for us. And, (this is very important) I would want her to fight for me as well. The reason most relationships or friendship fail is because its only one person doing all the fighting. It doesn't work that way, both of them should be willing to sacrifice and fight for each other. One day, if I do get a girlfriend, I wana know that she'd fight for me and that she'd not walk away at the first hint of trouble. I will sacrifice yes, but its only if she is worth it.

Why write this now you may ask? Well, I've been seeing people break up and get into relationships like its nothing at all recently. I mean, if it was that easy..everybody should be in a relationship now right? why wait for the right one? why try and be the right one? I don't get it, we contradict what we believe. Human nature I suppose,

The point is, life is not about us. Relationship and love is not about us. Friendship is not about us. Its about caring, loving and wanting the best for another before we even consider ourself. Its like giving the best part of your favourite meal to the other person every single time just because they like it too. The best part? Seeing them happy makes you happy and all the sacrifice is worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment